Pediatric Associates of Jacksonville was founded in 1932 by Dr. J.W. Hayes, one of the original founders of Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Dr. Hayes practiced for many years by himself, with the help of his very capable nurse, Mrs. Elizabeth Gilbert. He dedicated himself to the children of Jacksonville.
In the early 1950’s, Dr Hayes added two partners to his group, Drs. McCain and Moss. The three pediatricians practiced together for about 10 years, and, in the mid 1960’s, the group expanded by three more physicians, Dr. Townsend, Dr. Perlman, and Dr. Hansberry.
Well respected by local families, Pediatric Associates of Jacksonville, with the prestigious team of six physicians, made their mark on the medical community with their service and advocacy for the children of Jacksonville. Dr. Hayes was one of the founders of Wolfson Children’s Hospital, and four of the six original partners ultimately served as presidents of the medical staff at the children’s hospital.
Dr. O and her staff continue this same commitment to the community. Her physicians and nurse practitioners are devoted to the practice of clinical medicine as well as taking part in a variety of community service activities. These services include participation on hospital committees, involvement with residency training programs and maintenance of active staff privileges in several hospitals around town. href=”http://doctorojax.com/index.php/meet-our-team/” rel=”noreferrer”>Dr. O and her staff welcome new patients, from newborns to age 21, and enthusiastically look forward to serving the children of Jacksonville.